Friday 10 July 2015

Antique linen tops

Finally the idea I have been slowly working on turned into a physical form. It's only a initial stage but feels good to get one of my dreams off the ground!
I made these SIMPLE tees to be sold at Family Tree, my another business, using very old French linen in mottled green/grey/blue tone. 
I cycle everywhere on my road bike so mostly wear jeans or chinos on my bottom, I had an idea of making a top which has little or no design twists, more about the material and possibly the prints of the textile. By taking away cuts and shapes from the garments they hang beautifully and looks flattery on. I will keep working with this shape, lighter cotton would be nice for the hot day like today, would love to print my own pattern eventually too.

No comments:

Post a Comment